- Recognition Night will begin at 7pm
- The event will end between 8:30pm and 8:45pm.
- There are no tickets to purchase so seating is first come, first serve. FMS reserves 142 seats for the students and additional seats for faculty.
- The police will be at each crosswalk after the ceremony to assist with students arriving safely to the party sponsored by the PTSA.
- There is no specific dress code. Dresses (of any color), shirts, dress slacks, dress shoes, and a tie are the norm.
Chelsea Piers 2019
A full-day class trip is planned for the 8th grade students as a celebration of a successful year in 8th grade and recognition of passage from Middle School to High School. All students are invited and encouraged to attend as we mark a momentous time in their lives. This year’s trip will take us to New York City on Friday, June 7th, and will consist of three events. Our morning activities will include breakfast, bowling, and ice skating (long pants required) in the Chelsea Piers Complex. In the afternoon, students will set sail aboard the Spirit of New York for a luncheon party cruise in New York Harbor. We will depart via coach buses from the back of the Farragut Complex approximately 7:00am and will return to campus approximately 6:00pm.
This itinerary, which is the result of serious consideration of the expectations and needs of all constituencies and careful planning, is designed to provide an enjoyable and age-appropriate day for our 8th grade students. Please note that cell phones will not be permitted on this trip.
This trip is tied into our system of PBIS (Positive Behavior in Schools) and serves as a reward for students’ hard work and appropriate behavior. If a student’s behavior in school suggests they may not behave in a safe manner on the field trip, they will not be permitted to attend.
A permission slip is attached. This year in order to help students and their family’s budget for the trip, a dual payment plan has been initiated. One half of the $160 trip payment will be due in November with the balance due in March. Of course, you may pay in full in November if this is more convenient.
Monday, November 5th - $80.00 and permission slip
Monday, March 4th - $80.00 only
Checks should be made out to Hastings-on-Hudson UFSD. Please write your child’s full name on the memo line. Payment and permission slip will be collected by your child’s ELA teacher. If financial assistance for all or part of the cost of this trip is needed, please contact Jocelyn Perez, your child’s school counselor, at 478-6228.
In the past, many parents have graciously offered to support our trips by donating additional money to our scholarship fund. If you would like to make a donation, please send your donation check made out to Hastings-on-Hudson UFSD. Please write “Scholarship” on the memo line. We thank you in advance for your generosity and continued support for the Farragut Middle School community.
A permission slip is available here: Chelsea Piers Permission Slip
This Friday, June 7th is our annual trip to Chelsea Piers!
FAQs about the Trip to Chelsea Piers:
What time does my child have to arrive at school?
Students must arrive at FMS at 7:00AM.
Where should my child go when they arrive at school?
Students will go directly to the recess yard to meet their chaperones. They will not enter the school building.
What should my child bring on the trip?
Students should bring long pants, a long sleeve shirt, and socks to participate in ice skating. Students wishing to take photos may bring a camera but will be responsible to look after their own belongings. Sunscreen and sunglasses are recommended for the cruise. Students can bring a few dollars if they would like to buy something from the concession stand at the ice rink.
What time will my child be back at school?
The busses are scheduled to arrive back at FMS around 6PM. Chaperones will be in touch with the school to update the status of our return in the event that we will be delayed.
Are cell phones permitted on the trip?
Where do I pick up my child?
The FMS recess yard.
What should I do if I need to pick my child up early from Chelsea Piers?
Please notify the school before Friday if you need to pick up your child from Chelsea Piers. You will have to sign a release form when you arrive at Chelsea Piers. Mr. Adamo or Ms. Perez will have these release forms.
What happens if my child cannot attend the trip?
If your child should fall ill or cannot attend the trip for any other reason, please let the school know as soon as possible. The cost of the trip will be refunded.
Please see the itinerary below.
8th Grade Class Trip
Friday, June 7 7:00 a.m.
Farragut Middle School courtyard
- You must be in the courtyard at 7:00 a.m.
- You must stay with your assigned group and group leader only when walking from venue to venue. All of the venues are within very close proximity.
- You are not allowed to bring any large backpacks; you can bring a thin nylon string bag to carry a few possessions (including pants and socks for ice skating).
- NOTE: You are responsible for keeping track of your own belongings. You are not allowed to bring any of your belongings onto the ice when you skate. Lockers are provided at the skating venue for a small fee.
- If you decide to wear shorts, you must pack a pair of pants that you can easily slip in and out of to protect your legs when you ice skate. You will not be permitted to skate if you do not have pants! Don’t forget to pack a pair of socks as well!
- You do not need to bring any money; however, though you will be eating a hearty breakfast and lunch on this trip, you can bring a few dollars if you want to purchase a snack at the venues.
- Wear and pack sunblock! Weather permitting, you will be allowed to go on deck during the cruise.
- Cell phones are not permitted on the trip.
7:00 a.m. – Load buses in courtyard of Farragut Middle School
9:00 a.m. – Arrive at Bowlmor Lanes, Chelsea Piers, Pier 60
12:00 p.m. – Arrive at Sky Rink, Chelsea Piers, Pier 61
- You will not be permitted to skate if you are not wearing socks and pants!
2:00 p.m. – Arrive at Spirit Cruises, Chelsea Piers, Pier 62
- 2:30 departure from pier
- Lunch, music, dancing!
4:00 p.m. – Arrive at pier; depart for Farragut Middle School
5:00 to 6:00 p.m. (depending on traffic) – Approximate arrival to Farragut Middle School