Welcome! My name is Mrs. Kristen Kumar and this is my 16th year in the Hastings on Hudson UFSD.
This is my second year as the Inclusion Facilitator. This year I will be working at both FMS and Hillside.
As Inclusion Facilitator, I:
- Accommodate and modify curricular materials, assignments, and assessments through collaboration with general educators and special educators.
- Assist general educators and special educators to integrate IEP goals into curricular materials, assignments, and assessments for students with IEPs.
- Support the inclusion of students with IEPs in the general education learning environment through collaborative consultation with the instructional support team and families.
- Establish meaningful access to the curriculum and independence for students with IEPs through collaboration with department chairpersons and grade level coordinators across the major content areas.
- Provide professional learning to general educators, special educators, teacher assistants, and teacher aides on inclusive practices, universal design for learning, differentiation, program modifications, IEP accommodations, assistive technologies, testing accommodations.
- Consult with related service providers (speech, OT, PT, counseling, behaviorist) to support inclusive practices.