Hastings High School
Hastings-on-Hudson Union Free School District
- Hastings High School
High Schoolers Leverage Their Creativity for a Charitable Cause with Digital Art Auction
To celebrate student artwork and exercise civic engagement, two Hastings High School clubs, Amnesty International and the National Art Honors Society, have teamed up to host a Digital Art Auction to raise money for CREA, an organization in Nicaragua that supports literacy and learning.
Running through tomorrow, December 16, at 11:59 p.m. EST, the digital auction will allow the public to browse images of student artwork and bid on them using a PayPal account. From drawings and paintings to ceramics and photographs, there is a wide range of pieces to choose from. The best part: each piece for sale was created by a Hastings student.
“We had our first auction in the Spring of 2021. Due to the remote nature of school and work, we decided to hold a zoom event to attract bidders,” said National Art Honor Society Advisor & Art Teacher Lorienne Solaski. “On the night of the event, we were all together in the school’s green room, and we had two student hosts presenting artwork, telling jokes, and introducing musical guests. There was a lot of excitement and energy in the room!”
Last year’s auction, the Spring Art Blast, raised over $1,200 for American soldiers injured during the Azerbaijan Conflict.
This year, to keep the tradition alive and build on the momentum, the clubs have extended the bidding window to three days.
"Being able to collaborate with the members of Amnesty International and support a cause that we all care about has been so rewarding," Solaski said.
Here’s How the Auction Works
- On Wednesday, December 14, this site officially opened. [CLICK HERE] for access to the site.
- In the top left corner of this page, click on the green "View Items" button. This contains a dropdown menu with artwork grouped by category.
- The auction will be live until tomorrow, Friday, December 16, at 11:59 pm EST.
- At that time, winners will be notified via email.
- If you live in Westchester County or the Greater NYC Area, your artwork will be delivered by a student within a few weeks. If you live out of state, you will be asked to provide your mailing address so that your piece can be safely mailed.
- If you do not want to purchase any artwork but are interested in donating, you may donate to CREA by selecting "Donate" from the green "View items” drop down menu in the top left corner of the page.