Return to Headlines
On Thursday, February 28, 2019, the Hastings-on-Hudson UFSD will be holding a vote on a capital bond. To learn the details of the bond visit our Bond page. If you are a registered voter in Hastings, you are qualified to vote. If you are not a registered voter in Hastings please see the guidelines below.
Qualifications to Register to Vote
- be a United States citizen;
- be 18 years old by the time of the vote;
- be a resident of the Hastings village for at least 30 days before the election;
- not be in prison or on parole for a felony conviction (unless parolee pardoned or restored rights of citizenship);
- not be adjudged mentally incompetent by a court;
- not claim the right to vote elsewhere.
How and Where to Register to Vote
- You can register in person or online through the county board of elections or at any New York State Agency-Based voter registration center.
- You may also submit your voter application form at the Department of Motor Vehicles, either in person or on their web site if you already have DMV-issued identification.
- You can call 1-800-FOR-VOTE hotline to request a voter application.
- You can also register to vote at a special registration on Thursday, February 21, 2019 from 4 - 8 PM, and Tuesday, February 26 from 3 - 7 PM, in the lobby of Hastings High School. Or, with exception, on Saturday, February 23 between 9 a.m. and 12 p.m. by appointment only. If you register at the school, it will only qualify you to vote in school district budgets/elections/bond referendums. You must bring appropriate identification that shows you are a Hastings resident, US citizen, and 18 years old by the time of the vote.